Owner & Property Manager: Many Mansions
Service Providers: Ventura County Behavioral Health Department & Many Mansions
Project Architect: Lauterbach & Associates
General Contractor: McCarthy Companies
Special thanks to our project funders: State of California Department of Housing and Community Development (MHP-HY), California Housing Finance Agency & Ventura County Behavioral Health Department (MHSA), City of Oxnard, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (SHP/COC), Mississippi Valley Company and the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco (AHP). Bridge loan provided by Century Housing Corporation.
The D Street Apartments provides 8 units of permanent, supportive housing for youth (e.g. former foster youth) who are currently homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless. In order to help the most vulnerable members of our community, the D Street Apartments are reserved for youth with a mental disability who are between the ages of 18- 24 or under the age of 18 and emancipated.
Year Built: 1962
Unit Sizes: One bedroom/one bathroom (~550 square feet each)
Property Amenities: On-site laundry room and manager’s office, internal courtyard, garage parking, and gated entry.
Neighborhood Amenities: Within 1/2 mile of public transportation, parks, services, and public library.
Residential Services: Supportive services will be offered free of charge to all residents and will include case management, service coordination, life skills and employment training, peer counseling, health services, transportation and food assistance.
Total Estimated Project Cost: $2,185,314
Rehabilitation Budget: ~ $575,000
Scope of work included but was not limited to:
- New roof, sub-roof, gutters and fascia;
- New windows, doors/hardware (interior & exterior) and garage doors;
- Creation of an accessible ramp at the main property entrance;
- Installation of pavers in courtyard, landscaping and an irrigation system;
- Remediation of all existing lead, asbestos and mold;
- Replacement of exterior stairs and stair railings (previously not to code);
- Installation of window awnings and property entrance awning;
- New carpets, hard flooring and paint in the interior of all units;
- New ranges, countertops, refrigerators, sinks, bathroom fixtures and cabinets;
- Creation of a trash enclosure with access to the street;
- Painting the building exterior;
- Installation of security cameras and improved exterior lighting; and
- Creation of a laundry room and management office on-site.
Project Completion Date: June 2012