Owner, Property Manager & Service Provider: Many Mansions
Project Architect: Lauterbach & Associates
General Contractor: McCarthy Companies
Total Project Budget: $412,583
Financing: City of Oxnard HOME and In-Lieu Fee Funds and Montecito Bank and Trust Conventional Loan
Two units (2 Bedroom/1 Bathroom) restricted to households at or below 60% of the Area Median Income (AMI). Per the requirements of the City of Oxnard, units must be made available first to those who live in the City of Oxnard, then to those who work in Oxnard and then made available to all other households.
Year Built: 1956
Unit Sizes: Two (2) two-bedroom/one bathroom units (~768 square feet each)
Property Amenities: Garage parking, tenant storage in garage, ceiling fans in living rooms, security screen doors and private yards.
Neighborhood Amenities: Within 1/2 mile of public transportation, parks, grocery store, and laundromats.
Residential Services: Supportive services will be offered free of charge to all residents and will include food assistance and holiday gift program(s).
Rehabilitation Budget: ~ $51,500
Scope of work included but was not limited to:
- Painted the interior of units and exterior of building/shed;
- Provided landscaping, irrigation systems and installed paved walkways in the front, back and side yards;
- Replaced gas lines from the building to the street connections;
- Replaced sewer/gray water lines under the raised foundation;
- Replaced yard gates and painted CMU walls;
- Repaired and painted porch decks and installed stair railings and mailboxes;
- Installed new stoves, fridges, garbage disposals, toilets, and faucets and resurfaced bathtubs;
- Fumigated for termites, remediated lead-based paint (building exterior) and replaced dry-rotted/damaged fascia;
- Replaced water heater (354) and wall heater (352);
- Replaced front doors and installed security screens;
- Installed window blinds and new kitchen flooring (354);
- Replaced garage door, and patched, repaired and painted the garage walls;
- Installed energy efficient exterior and interior light fixtures and ceiling fans;
- Repaired cracks where water was entering the garage and raised the shed to control water intrusion; and
- Repaired broken concrete walkway.
Rehabilitation Completion Date: December 18, 2012