Job Title: Case Manager
Division: Residential Services Division
Department Supportive & Adult Services Department
Status: Non-Exempt: Full-time (40 hours)
Supervisor/ Reporting: Director of Supportive & Adult Services
Supervisorial Responsibilities: None
A Many Mansions Case Manager provides case management services to previously homeless and disabled/mentally ill residents. Services include assessment, crises intervention, and coordination of resources to promote self-sufficiency by teaching life skills that meet needs. Other duties include maintaining an assigned case load and implementing and monitoring Individual Service Plans. Must maintain compliance with governmental reporting requirements, maintain records and files, organize resident activities, and coordinate services with other Many Mansions’ staff, social service providers and agencies throughout Ventura County.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties of the position of Case Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duty or Responsibility
1. Provide comprehensive Case Management services for residents of permanent supportive housing. Meet with each resident a minimum of one time per month. Case Management services may be provided more frequently depending on the needs of individuals.
2. Conduct daily HMIS data entries of Service Transactions. Update and keep current HMIS case plans/ 6 month goals with follow-ups in the HMIS system.
3. Completes the Initial, 6 month, and annual assessments with each permanent supportive housing resident in accordance with HUD’s requirements.
4. Complete all required reports such as monthly status, monthly caseload, resident list, and annual resident budget.
5. Coordinates services with the Case Managers from Ventura County Behavioral Health, and with other HMIS Referral Agencies.
6. Maintains daily calendar of activities and client services, including a listing of clients served, tasks done, etc. on Outlook Calendar.
7. Provide workshops and learning opportunities for residents on topics such as financial literacy, strengthening families, independent living skills, wellness and recovery, conflict resolution and others as needed.
8.Coordinates the special events that provide life enriching experiences and healthy social interactions for residents (holiday celebrations, recreational activities etc.). Works in coordination with other Departments to provide comprehensive services to benefit the residents and their families.
9. Maintains routine communication and set monthly meetings with the on-site Community Manager. Attends monthly team and department meetings along with sending daily debrief emails to team members.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Conditions
Communication: Excellent communications skills, including but not limited to, the ability—
- To speak, write and read English fluently;
- To write reports and other correspondence clearly, meaningfully, and persuasively;
- To speak, listen, and respond effectively with and among staff, agencies, residents, and others; and
Proficiency in computer and computer applications, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), social media, data management programs, and the County of Ventura’s HMIS program.
Driving is required for this position. Therefore, the applicant must have the legal ability to drive a motor vehicle in California, proof of a valid California driver’s license, and adequate motor vehicle insurance.
Education and/or Experience:
Substantial education and/or experience in the supportive affordable housing area, mental and behavioral health, social services, social work, case management or counseling. This includes, but is not limited to a combination of experience such as:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in social work, psychology, counseling, or related work (Master’s degree preferred);
- Five years’ experience in mental and behavioral health, social services, social work, case management, and/or counseling;
There must be demonstrated knowledge of case management and issues affecting homeless residents with disabilities (mental illness, developmental, etc.)
Demonstrated ability to work well with others and provide leadership.
Mathematical & Reasoning Skills:
Excellent mathematical and reasoning skills. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to perform basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, decimals, etc.), the ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists, and the ability to interpret data and/or instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools and/or controls, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20-40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Moderate to high stress work pace. Environment may have frequent interruptions, time constraints, and emotional distress. Noise level is low to moderate. Environment includes working in close proximity to the home of residents who have been homeless and may be accustomed to street culture. May be exposed to profanity or language of a sexual nature and will need to be able to positively redirect residents and to model professional behavior.
Corporate culture is friendly and goal oriented.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Other Skills & Abilities:
Ability to work overtime as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions.
To apply for open positions, please email resume, cover letter, at least 3 (three) references and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org