Job Title: Custodian
Division: Property Management
Department: Facilities Management
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Supervisor/ Reporting: Maintenance Crew Leader, Associate Director FM, Vice President Property Management Division
Supervisorial Responsibilities: None
Cleaning and upkeep duties including maintaining common spaces, laundry room, community rooms and apartment prep per directions and standards established.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties of the position of Custodian include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duty or Responsibility
1. Clean common areas, laundry rooms, rest rooms and community rooms on a routine schedule and as needed
2. Clean carpets, windows, bathrooms and kitchens of vacant apartments along with common area windows, doors and stairways;
3. Dump interior and exterior trash bins on a routine schedule and/or as needed;
4. Maintain appropriate clearance around exterior air conditioning units and/or any other electrical equipment;
5. Check walkway and exterior lights and replace as needed;
6. Paint curb and other areas, install signage as needed;
7. Clean immediate pool area and maintain any poolside furniture as needed;
8. Check and maintain trash areas in a clean and sanitary condition and report any infractions of trash disposal;
9. Maintain supplies in restrooms as needed and on schedule and advises MCL of any extraordinary wear and or damage to Many Mansions property;
10. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Conditions
Ability to speak English and bilingual skills are preferred. Basic understanding of English directions is necessary. Customer service attitude and sensitivity to special needs populations (i.e. disabled) is preferred.
Familiarity with computers and computer applications is helpful but not essential.
Proof of ability to work in the United States, valid driver’s license and required vehicle insurance.
Education, Experience, & Certifications:
High school diploma or the equivalent is preferred but not required. One to two years of experience in maintenance and/or janitorial is desired but not essential.
Leadership & Other Skills:
Helpful but not required.
Mathematical & Reasoning Skills:
Ability to take and understand measurements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb stairs, lift, kneel and bend using legs, back and entire body. The employee is on occasion required to lift up to 100 pounds and regularly 50 pounds. The employee is required to use fingers, hands, and arms to handle, lift and control a variety of objects and tools. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. The employees are required to drive their own vehicle to and from work. The employee is occasionally required to work in hot or cold weather extremes and in with dust and chemicals. The employees are occasionally required to work in confined spaces and heights.
Moderate to high stress work pace The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Moderate to high work pace. Most individuals will be working with scheduled expectations. Noise level is moderate to high. Most all individuals are required to perform multiple tasks. Corporate culture is friendly and goal oriented. Ability to work over-time as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions.
To apply for open positions, please email resume, cover letter, at least 3 (three) references and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org