Job Title: Community Gifts Specialist
Supervisor/ Reporting: Community Engagement Manager
Hours: 20-30 hours – flexible
Supervisorial Responsibilities: None
Under the supervision of the Community Engagement Manager, the Community Gifts Specialist supports community outreach engagement efforts with a specific responsibility for the administration of our annual in-kind giving drives. This includes securing and distributing needed community gifts for Many Mansions residents, ensuring proper data entry and acknowledgement of donors, gift tracking, and marketing and communications work needed to secure donations. The Community Gifts Specialist serves as an outreach ambassador, and will assist with community outreach, presentations, property tours as well as all Many Mansions events.
This is a part time position with the potential to develop into a full-time position in the future. It is a good fit for a candidate seeking an entry level position to learn and gain skills in nonprofit and fund development work, and it provides learning opportunities as well as flexibility in work hours.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position’s duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tasked with the administration and logistics of annual in-kind donation drives. Examples include residents’ welcome baskets, household supplies, children’s gifts, supplemental food, graduation gifts, holiday drives and individual resident needs such as beds, furniture and baby supplies.
- Tasked with administration, recording, and tracking of all in-kind gifts, including Salesforce data entry and issuing reports upon request.
- Learn to share the Many Mansions story and needs through community engagement efforts. Assist with outreach efforts such as community fairs, tours, and presentations to community groups, corporations, faith-based organizations, and individuals.
- Under the supervision of the Community Engagement Manager take responsibility for the receipt, delivery, and distribution process between donors and Many Mansions staff and residents.
- Under the supervision of the Community Engagement Manager, manage the preparation of donor acknowledgments through email, mail, social media posts, video (Thank View), and phone calls. Ensure donors are properly and thoroughly thanked for their gifts. Assist with return phone calls and emails to in-kind donors.
- Organize, label, inventory in-kind donations stored at Many Mansions to identify needed supplies.
- Create content for Many Mansions social media as well as assist with other needed marketing materials.
- Work alongside the Volunteer Program Manager to utilize and supervise volunteers in the program in tasks such as picking up gifts, sorting, and delivering to residents. Ensure volunteers are thanked for their service of time.
- Participate in the planning and presentation of Many Mansions events such as State of Many Mansions, Bowls of Hope, volunteer events, fundraising activities, and other community events.
- Other duties as assigned. Additional hours may be requested over busy in-kind seasons.
Qualifications or Conditions:
Communication: Possess excellent communications skills, including but not limited to, the ability to listen, speak, and write clearly, meaningfully, and persuasively with our different stakeholders: staff, agencies, residents, donors, and community members. A relationship-building and service approach is a must, with an understanding of the need to thank our partners and donors warmly and consistently.
Other Skills: Has a demonstrated ability to work well with others. Must be self-motivated, creative and have ability to set priorities.
Education and/or Experience: Has education and/or experience in administering campaigns, donor relations, or community groups. An Associate degree is required. A bachelors degree from a 4-year university is preferred.
Computer Skills: Has proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft 365 (word, excel, outlook and power point), and social media platforms. Experience with Salesforce or another database is a plus.
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills: Possesses excellent mathematical and reasoning skills. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to perform basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, decimals, etc.), the ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists, and the ability to interpret data and/or instructions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools and/or controls, talk and hear. The staff member is required to stand, walk, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The staff member must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, Updated: 1/28/22 – 4 – distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Driving: Driving is required for this position. Therefore, the staff member must have the legal ability to drive a motor vehicle in California, proof of a valid California driver’s license, and adequate motor vehicle insurance.
Work Environment: This job position has a moderate to high stress work environment. The work environment may have frequent interruptions, time constraints, and emotional demands. Noise level is low to moderate. The corporate culture is friendly and goal oriented. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There must be willingness and an ability to work nights and weekends, as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions.
MANY MANSIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination in our employment practices, including compensation, against any employee or applicant because of race, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, transgender status, sex stereotypes, age, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, citizenship, and political affiliation or belief.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, at least 3 (three) references and employment application to email@example.com.