Job Title: Regional Manager
Department: Property Management
Supervisor/ Reporting: Vice President (Property Management Division)
Supervisorial Responsibilities: Yes. Supervises assigned community managers and maintenance technicians.
The Regional Manager, under the direction of the Vice President of Property Management, oversees site Property Management staff located at assigned communities managed by the organization.
The Regional Manager, as a key member of the Division, must be a responsible and responsive business manager, and must be thoroughly knowledgeable in all aspects of property management of affordable housing properties. To supervise third-party properties managed by Many Mansions for other owners, the Regional Manager must also hold a California Real Estate license.
The Regional Manager works closely with the Vice President of Property Management, is a spokesperson and representative of the organization, promotes its vision, mission, goals, and objectives.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties of the position of Asset Management Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duty or Responsibility
1. Oversees assigned Senior Community Manager(s) and Community Manager(s) and all of their assigned duties, tasks, and areas of responsibility;
2. Oversees the direct day-to-day property management operations of a specific set of Many Mansions’ managed properties, including but not limited to, applicant processing, leasing, resident relations, vendors, maintenance, janitorial, rent collection, contracts, collections, security deposits, move-in/move-out, transfers, Fair Housing, policies, procedures, procurement, inventory control, evictions, etc. Such oversight also includes executing all lease agreements with residents;
3. Oversees the direct day-to-day supervision of the Community staff, including but not limited to, its Community Managers, and Maintenance staff;
4. Helps oversee human resources’ policies and procedures within the Department, including but not limited to, hiring, training, supervision, job assignments, compensation, discipline, employee relations, evaluations, and promotions;
5. Helps prepare, update, and participate in the preparation and implementation of all strategic and business plans concerning the management of all Many Mansions’ managed properties. This includes helping prepare and update all Property Management Contracts, Property Management Plans, Tenant Selection Plans, and Affirmative Marketing Plans. This includes participating in all Annual Operating Plan and Long-Range Facilities Plans;
6.Participates in the preparation and implementation of all Many Mansions’ managed properties’ operating budgets and forecasts. Prepares reports explaining budget variances and other material changes;
7. Provides monthly operating reports and analysis upon the status, condition, operations, and direction of Many Mansions’ managed properties, including the Department’s staff and activities. Prepares and assists in the preparation of certain regulatory reports, disclosures, audits, and financial statements, as required;
8. Helps develop and implement a training program for the Community staff. This includes training staff on all aspects of property management and facilitating outside training;
9. Engages with the community and the organization’s stakeholders to communicate its mission, its objectives, its operations, its programs, and its value to the community. Serves and participates in outside organizations and activities to engage and promote the mission and relations of the organization and;
10. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Conditions
Excellent communications skills, including but not limited to, the ability —
- To speak and write clearly, meaningfully, and persuasively;
- To speak, listen, and respond effectively with and among staff, agencies, residents, donors, lenders, investors, partners, and community members;
- To give presentations and speak effectively before groups and organizations; and
- Ability to speak and write Spanish clearly, meaningfully and persuasively is desired.
Has proficiency in computer and computer applications, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), social media, and data management programs. Should be skilled in property management software such as Yardi Voyager
Driving is required for this position. Therefore, the staff member must have the legal ability to drive a motor vehicle in California, proof of a valid California driver’s license, and adequate motor vehicle insurance.
Education and/or Experience
Has substantial education and managerial experience in nonprofit affordable housing. This includes, but is not limited to,–
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a four year college or university, is preferred. Prefer a major in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Business, or other related areas;
- Seven years’ work experience in property management, with a preference in property management for affordable housing properties;
- Experience in tax credits, 8, and affordable housing financing (e.g. HOME, tax exempt bonds, AHP, etc.); and
- Management experience in a supervisory role, is preferred.
A California real estate salesperson license will be required within one year of the start date. There is also a strong preference for advanced designations and certifications from such leading property management/asset management organizations as IREM, AHMA, etc.
Leadership and Skills:
Has a demonstrated ability to work well with others and provide leadership. Must be self-motivated, creative, and have ability to set priorities independently. Must be able to adhere to all company policies and procedures, in addition to all State, federal and local laws and regulations.
Mathematical & Reasoning Skills:
Possesses excellent mathematical and reasoning skills. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to perform basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, decimals, etc.), the ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists, and the ability to interpret data and/or instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools and/or controls, talk and hear. The staff member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The staff member must be able to lift and/or move up to 20-40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Moderate to high stress work pace.
The work environment may have frequent interruptions, time constraints, and emotional demands. Noise level is low to moderate. The corporate culture is friendly and goal oriented.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
There must be willingness and an ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
To apply for open positions, please email resume, cover letter, at least 3 (three) references and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org.