Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Division: Property Management
Supervisor/ Reporting: Community Manager
Supervisorial Responsibilities: None
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for overall maintenance operations of the community while providing leadership and inspiration to other team members.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties of the position of Maintenance Technician include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duty or Responsibility
1. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers, working after hours when necessary;
2. Ensures compliance with Affirmative Fair Housing regulations and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action policies, including federal, state, and local governing agency requirements;
3. Manages the maintenance and upkeep of all assigned properties in a timely manner, with proper monitoring of the work completed;
4. Diagnoses and fixes HVAC systems, faucets, toilets, light fixtures, hot waters heaters and other needs of the property as needed per inspections and work orders;
5. Monitors maintenance supplies, work orders and unit turns for budget and timeline adherence, utilizing the property management software;
6. Makes regular inspections of apartment community;
7. Sets example and maintains accountability for other maintenance staff in matters of dress and appearance;
8. Keeps work area clean with tools and equipment in good working order;
9. Assists in preparing and adhering to the properties budget and;
10. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Conditions
Excellent communications skills, including but not limited to, the ability—
- To read, understand, speak and write English clearly, meaningfully, and persuasively;
- Able to speak and write Spanish clearly desired.
Has proficiency in computer and computer applications, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook), and Property Management software.
Driving is required for this position. Therefore, the staff member must have a clean driving record, as well as the legal ability to drive a motor vehicle in California, proof of a valid California driver’s license, and adequate motor vehicle insurance.
Education, Experience, & Certifications:
Has experience in the maintenance of housing. This includes, but is not limited to,–
- High school diploma or GED required; and,
- Two years-experience in the maintenance of an apartment complex is required.
Leadership & Other Skills:
Has a demonstrated ability to work well with others and provide leadership. Must be self-motivated, creative, and have ability to set priorities independently. Must be able to adhere to all company policies and procedures, in addition to all State, federal and local laws and regulations
Mathematical & Reasoning Skills:
Possesses basic mathematical and reasoning skills. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to perform basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, decimals, etc.), the ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists, and the ability to interpret data and/or instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools and/or controls, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20-40 pounds. On occasion, employee may be required to lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employees are required to drive their own vehicle to and from work. The employee is occasionally required to work in hot or cold weather extremes and in with dust and some chemicals. The employee is occasionally required to work in confined spaces.
This job position has a moderate to high stress work environment.
The work environment may have frequent interruptions, time constraints, and emotional demands. Noise level is low to moderate. The corporate culture is friendly and goal oriented.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Maintenance Technicians rotate nights and weekends, usually every seven to eight weeks. There must be willingness and an ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
An apartment is NOT provided with this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions.
To apply for open positions, please email resume, cover letter, at least 3 (three) references and employment application to email@example.com