Volunteering your time and talents is a powerful way to change the world!
Volunteerism is growing in popularity every day- almost 25% of all people in California volunteer their time. There are too many benefits to list to becoming a Volunteer but a few include gaining experience, sharing your experience, self esteem boosting, building your resume, keeping your mind active and enriching the lives of others
Many Mansions welcomes volunteers from high school and college students, young adults, families, seniors, to corporate partners. Add yourself to a growing list of people who care about their communities, people who roll up their sleeves to tackle a cause, and share their skills with a local organization like us!
If you are interested or would like more information about volunteering, contact Jessica Lawson at 805-496-8122 ext. 259 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Opportunities during Covid-19
- Create and donate a Thanksgiving Basket to provide extra assistance for our residents Thanksgiving dinner.
- Adopt a family and support our resident over the holiday season through our Holiday Gift Program.
- Sew blankets, hats, scarves, and gloves for residents to enjoy over the colder weather months.
- Sew pet beds and blankets for our furry residents to cuddle up in.
- Write encouraging letters and messages to keep our residents spirits up during this time.
- Virtually showcase a special skill, perform, or teach our formerly homeless residents.
- Create videos for our residents to watch, ideas may include but are not limited to; cooking tutorials, reading a Children’s book, teaching yoga poses, meditation, Zumba dances, etc.
Homework Club – Currently not available
Volunteers assist children K–12th grade in everyday homework and tutoring needs. The program runs Monday–Thursday 2:30-6:00pm.
Summer Camp – Currently not available
Volunteers serve as camp counselors and field trip chaperones for the children.
Workshops – Virtually available
Volunteers assists with workshops for adult residents.
FOOD Share – Volunteers needed
This program assists over 100 families who receive monthly food assistance. Volunteers will assist with unloading food delivery truck, packing grocery bags, and delivering food to our disabled residents. This program runs the 2nd Friday and 2nd Saturday of every month.
Administrative – Depending on availability
We have a variety of administrative needs that keep our organization running smoothly including our Front Desk, Data Entry, and more.
Service Projects – Depending on availability
Many Mansions is always open to groups wishing to partner with us. We welcome groups who would like to host a Game Night, Art Classes, Property Beautification Projects, and many more!
Coffee Club– Currently not available
Adult volunteers assist in our community rooms to socialize, play board games, participate in small groups, or just enjoy a morning together with our adult residents.
Bowls of Hope – Currently not available
Many Mansions is looking for people to volunteer for our signature event, Bowls of Hope! Volunteers will help assist in the running of the event and will be stationed at various places such as the silent auction, kitchen, or front desk in addition to assisting with set up and clean up.